Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to promote and sell battery technology systems to equipment manufacturers using technical knowledge, commercial training and network. As the Technical Sales Engineer, you bring passion and thought leadership to influence purposeful innovation and reimagine how Xerotech is perceived across all channels.
Technical sales engineers provide clients with sales advice and support. You will work on behalf of a range of company departments, providing technical knowledge to identify new business, prepare concept proposal, tailor solutions to customer requirements and review sales process performance.
The role of Technical Sales Engineer involves translating and explaining highly complex technical information to customers and clients, focusing on revealing how a product or piece of equipment can solve specific problems. You therefore play an important role in creating innovative sales process. Technology has advanced in leaps and bounds in recent years, and continues to alter the ways we communicate and do business.
As the Technical Sales Engineer you are the person who stays abreast of the latest developments and breakthroughs, and who can pass this vital knowledge on to others.
You will represent the technical aspects of the product and propose how these aspects can benefit the customer. You must have a strong technical understanding of the complexities of what their company supplies together with excellent and negotiations skills.
- Identifying and establishing new business
- Organizing sales visits
- Liaising with existing clients
- Preparing tenders, proposals and quotations
- Providing pre-sales and post-sales support
- Negotiating contracts, terms and conditions
- Reviewing cost and sales performance
- Writing reports and sales literature
- Providing product education and advice
- Ensuring that sales targets are met
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Highly ambitious technology enthusiast looking to grow significantly with the company and the role
- Passion for fast-paced, high growth, high-tech environment
- 5+ years of relevant work experience preferably from OEM or Tier 1 supplier
- Self-starter and quick thinker who thrives in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- Proven track record of taking the initiative to suggest and implement new ideas
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to relentlessly prioritize
- Proven technical, quantitative and critical-thinking skills
- Language skills (English and at least one other foreign language)
- Travel 20-70%
- Flexible work schedule
- Location: Ireland