Xerotech Ltd are seeking a Senior Thermal Engineer to join our fast-growing team. Xerotech design and manufacture next-generation battery systems for non road mobile machinery. Xerotech is an exciting, fast-paced, growing company which is in Galway, Ireland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right skillset.
As a Senior Thermal Systems Engineer at Xerotech your role and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Reporting to the Thermal Systems Programme Manager you will take the lead in the design and development of the Xerotech integrated thermal system for cooling and heating of the Xerotech bespoke modular battery system and also power electronics.
The design and development of the thermal system will involve the following:
- To take the lead in the design and development of the system architecture of both the refrigerant system and water glycol cooling system for battery thermal management to include the following:
- Carry out benchmarking of thermal systems and components
- Definition of system architecture including circuit diagrams, flow patterns and physical characteristics
- Selection, sizing and optimisation of system components to include compressors, heat exchangers, pumps, expansion valves and other related components for each modular thermal system
- To carry out 1D analysis for system optimisation
- To work with the CAD team for system layout and packaging and engineering drawings
- To work with the CAE simulation team to meet design targets for flow capabilities and heating and cooling capacity of the battery and power electronics systems
- To write system technical specifications and requirements
- To develop a system level DFMEA and subsequent component DFMEA’s as required
- To work with the test and development team to develop a test plan based on DFMEA and technical targets, this will include both bench testing and field trial’s
- To support in house bench testing and also testing in the field
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure component compatibility and function within the thermal system
- To work with customers to ensure the thermal system meets requirements and targets for the various applications the system will be integrated with
- To use industry standard tools such as 8D or similar for problem solving
- An understanding of industry standard quality tools such as APQP
In order to carry out these functions successfully the candidate will need to have experience in thermal management engineering in an automotive or similar environment and to have a good understanding of two-phase refrigerant systems and water-cooling systems.
The candidate will need to be a good team player who interacts well at all levels of the business including engineering, manufacturing and quality engineering and be able to adapt to working on multiple projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.