Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a Senior Power Electronics Engineer to help design and build our next-generation of DC-DC converters and bi-directional onboard chargers (OBCs).
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO
- Design and specify DSP, microcontrollers and control architectures for high-power onboard chargers and DC-DC converters.
- Program DSP and related digital circuits for converter/inverter control.
- Characterizes converters and inverters at high power levels with high accuracy.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of functional vehicle safety (ISO26262) and ASIL ratings.
- Knowledge of classical control theory, optimal controls, adaptive controls, MPC, ECMS, and state-space modelling.
- Strong understanding of CAN communication.
- Familiarity with tools such as Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape.
- Expert understanding of MATLAB/Simulink.
- Strong foundation in knowledge of power electronics products for EV powertrain: AC/DC converters, Battery Chargers, Inverters, EMI filters, and high voltage power distribution. Hands-on experience in power electronics hardware development: design, debugging and validation.
- Experience in digital control of high power AC-to-DC and DC-to-AC converters.
- Knowledge in digital control circuits and ICs. Skill in DSP programming is a plus.
- Design for Manufacturing, Design for Reliability, DFMEA and fault trees.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) experience highly preferred, but not required.
- Passion for fast-paced, high growth, high-tech environment.
- Self-starter and quick thinker who thrives in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations.
- Proven track record of taking the initiative to suggest and implement new ideas.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to relentlessly prioritize.
- Proven technical, quantitative and critical-thinking skills, high level of independent judgment, initiative and creativity to identify and clearly communicate key performance drivers to senior management.
|Position name||Senior Power Electronics Engineer – Digital Control|