Xerotech is a battery technology company that is solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation, industrial electrification. Our talented team is making an impact on a global scale, driven by a shared vision of a fully electric future. We thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and innovative culture where no two days are the same. We take on big challenges and we appreciate every opportunity to learn along the way. When you join Xerotech, you join a team with a thirst for innovation and a hunger for the fun that comes from turning an industry on its head.
Xerotech Ltd are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our fast-growing team. Xerotech design and manufacture next-generation battery systems for non-road mobile machinery. Xerotech is an exciting, fast paced, growing company which is in Galway, Ireland. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right skillset.
- Conceptualisation of mechanical structures, assemblies and components of HV battery modules and packs.
- Responsible for the conformance of the battery module mechanical system to agreed requirements.
- Coordination and interaction with the other teams – system, electrical, mechanical, thermal, hardware, testing and sourcing – regarding results, deadlines and tasks.
- Analysis and agreement of requirements in alignment with other teams (DFX).
- Report to technical/mechanical lead on the status of projects.
- Generate reports on mechanical related topics.
- Be a key member of the risk management for battery module, pack design and related mechanical systems.
- Agree and ensure development maturity milestones.
- Writing of technical specifications for suppliers.
- Detail mechanical design of the battery module and pack components.
- Documentation of part specific requirements in drawings and RFQ.
- Tracking of part related open points with suppliers and customers.
- Part related lifecycle responsibility from concept, SOP and support to any open customer quality issues.
- Be the first point of contact for specific, technical part related questions.
- Detail mechanical design of the thermal system parts inside the system.
- Roughly 5+ years’ experience – but must have completed, at a senior level, at least 2 major electromechanical design and development projects from start to finish, ideally in large electromechanical products for batch and/or fully automated production.
- Strong Mechanical Design experience in large electromechanical assemblies, ideally in automotive or aerospace.
- Strong understanding of heat flows and cooling systems.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of materials, joining techniques and industrialization methods for mechanical systems.
- Good understanding of electrical engineering requirements and its relationship with mechanical integration.
- Skilled in GD&T and Tolerance analysis – simple stack and statistical.
- Full appreciation of the development cycle – has understanding of approaches such as TQM, DFSS.
- Team lead experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Quick and efficient issue management.
- Strong personal responsibility.
- Software: 5 years in CAD – SolidWorks or similar.
- HV Battery module design – detailed structural design.
- DFSS green belt accreditation.
- Software: FEA Ansys.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
People first, always
At Xerotech we value all cultures and backgrounds and truly believe that diversity drives innovation. We are growing fast, that means you will grow fast and one day you can say you were there at the beginning.
QUALITY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE
Whether developing new products or writing copy, we expect thoroughness, high standards, and the interminable curiosity to challenge the status quo, taking impactful risks along the way. See an innovative way to do something? Do it.