Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a highly experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to design and architect mechanical components for our next-generation battery systems and power electronics.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO
- Design and 3d modeling of mechanical components and assemblies including plastics, sheet metal, heat sinks, insulation systems, high voltage connectors, fasteners, and other components.
- Mechanical design analysis including thermal, CFD, structural, design for assembly, and design for test.
- Solve electronics packaging issues including: electrical isolation, sealing, thermal management, interconnection, shock and vibration management, electromagnetic interference (EMI), RF communications, etc.
- Develop engineering test plans for designs.
- Create drawing packages and manufacturing instructions for parts and assemblies.
- Assist in engineering prototype builds and component fabrication.
- Collaborate with other mechanical, systems, electrical, digital control, manufacturing, industrial design, and test engineers to take designs from a clean sheet through prototypes and into mass production.
- Deep understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals (heat transfer, fluids, statics, dynamics, structural design).
- Significant experience designing and building mechanical assemblies.
- Material science knowledge of materials used in electronics packaging (metals, insulators, plastics, connectors, gaskets, thermal interface materials, potting, etc.).
- Proficiency using 3D mechanical design and analysis tools (Solidworks, COMSOL, ANSYS Icepak, StarCCM).
- Excellent communication skills, both in presentations and in writing.
- The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Experience using GD&T to control part features.
- Experience using Solidworks.
- Experience with PLM systems, engineering changes, deviations, BOM structuring, etc.
- Experience with environmental, reliability, safety, and industry standard requirements for automotive, industrial & residential products.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing processes such as injection molding, stamping, diecast, etc.
- Knowledge of design for reliability and design for manufacturability concepts.
- Working knowledge of Matlab and/or Python.
- Basic understanding of electrical design fundamentals.
- Familiarity with PCBAs and PCBA components.
- Familiarity with high voltage design mechanical design.
|Position name||Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Power Electronics|
|Reports to||Engineering Manager|