Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a highly experienced Embedded Hardware Engineer to design and architect battery management systems for our next-generation battery systems.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO
- Design architectures, subsystems, boards, and components.
- Participate in and lead design tasks including requirements analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, simulation, schematic capture, and board layout.
- Participate in simulation, testing, and troubleshooting of designs, including bench testing and debugging using test equipment.
- Start-to-finish hardware ownership: Specification, architecture, design, simulation, schematic, layout supervision, prototype, validation, and manufacturing of circuit boards.
- Apply in-depth hands-on knowledge of test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and power meters.
- Develop test plans and procedures for designs.
- Participate in and lead design reviews.
- Manage schedule, cost, and technical responsibility at the system and board level.
- Identify and work with suppliers of components and subsystems.
- Must have in-depth understanding of appropriate PCB materials and knowledge of circuit layout techniques.
- Candidate should have at least 5 years of PCB layout experience on actual shipping products.
- In-depth experience with Altium Designer over the last two years is strongly desired, including detailed knowledge about the software, its limitations, and its features.
- Specification, architecture, design, simulation, prototype, schematic, layout supervision, validation, and manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of analog & digital circuits (MOSFETs, op-amps, switching regulators, gate drivers, microcontrollers, SPI, I2C, etc).
- Candidate should be proficient in PCB part placement, footprints, gerber files, maintaining part libraries, and designing for ease of manufacturing and test.
- Experience routing both single-ended and differential pairs is required.
- Candidate should be able to optimize designs for PCBs and flex circuits for density, cost, thermal issues, and other factors.
- Should have an understanding of EMC design guidelines for PCBs and systems.
- Should have strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and produce measurable results.
|Position name||Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer – BMS|
|Department||R&D – BMS|
|Reports to||Engineering Manager|