Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a Senior CAE Engineer to help design and build our next-generation of battery systems and power electronics. This is a cross-functional group role supporting multiple product lines.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO
- Providing CAE and CFD support through a build of state of art FE and CFD models to the finest details.
- Supporting design progression and evolution with multidisciplinary engineering teams based on your analyses.
- Drive manufacturing centric vehicle designs with CAE and CFD, while balancing all applicable requirements with state of the art design and innovative manufacturing methodologies.
- Perform advanced CAE and CFD simulations to evaluate and enhance subsystems and full vehicle simulations of specific design attributes and manufacturing processes.
- Develop and apply advanced methodologies with smart analysis techniques to drive innovation into Tesla products.
- High skills level in multidisciplinary domains of single and multi-phase CFD, Thermal, Coupled structural and Thermal, water-management, electro-chemical coat depositions and electromagnetics CAE.
- Develop and support subsystem level & full vehicle correlations in line with standard protocols and best practices.
- Perform post-test reviews and corroborate the CAE and CFD predictions to test results.
- Develop highly predictive models of materials and processes to enable good correlations with physical tests.
- Conduct optimization studies by utilizing optimization tools, including DOE/ DFSS techniques on components, assemblies, or vehicle designs to meet performance requirements with the constraints of mass and cost.
- Perform analyses for the feasibility of manufacturing, assembly and service processes.
- Provide input in the creation of component specification, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents where analysis plays a pivotal role.
- Produce concise management summaries and report-outs that meet the needs of management system functions.
- Deep knowledge of Finite Element Analysis, Finite Volume Method, Smooth Particles Hydrodynamics, CFD, Applied Solid Mechanics, Material science and Computational Numerical Methods within a product development environment in the transportation industry.
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated successful experience with at least two relevant product lines.
- Excellent applied experience in ANSYS-FLUENT, STAR CCM+, required.
- Applied experience in ANSA or HYPERWORKS, preferred.
- Additional experience in LS-DYNA, NASTRAN, TOSCA, MODEFRONTIER and ABAQUS beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience in simulating steady-state and transient single and multi-phase fluid flows on subsystems and full vehicle models.
- Preferred experience in the stand-alone or coupled analysis of electronic components for structure, fluid mechanics, electromagnetism, and thermal.
- Preferred experience in the analysis of coupled fluid-structure problems, electro-chemical coat deposition, fluid flow through vehicle bodies, large ovens heat and bake simulations.
- Preferred knowledge of optimization tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on pioneering and challenging problems.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis on difficult projects with tight timing constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to deconstruct complex test scenarios with good logic and analytics and root-causing correlation problems.
- Demonstrated ability in iterative and collaborative automotive-similar engineering environments.
|Position name||Senior CAE Engineer – Multiphysics|
|Department||Test & Simulation|
|Reports to||Engineering Manager|