Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a Senior CAE Engineer to help design and build our next-generation of battery systems.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO
- Use a variety of cell and battery pack models, fleet data, and laboratory test data to create state-of-the-art feedback control and estimation algorithms for Xerotech’s high voltage battery packs.
- Work on projects from cell capacity, impedance, energy, and degradation estimation to diagnostics of sensors, cells and battery pack components.
- Create physics-based modelling of cell and pack elements.
- Create and integrate models, define algorithms, write testing code, and evaluate the performance of algorithms throughout the life of the product.
- Work cross-functionally with cell modelling, firmware, and battery safety organizations.
- 2+ years of experience with battery algorithm design.
- MS or BS in mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or materials engineering.
- Experience with modelling of lithium-ion cells.
- Simulating dynamic models of electrical systems.
- Have knowledge in linear systems analysis and estimation algorithm design.
- Capable of analyzing algorithm performance in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Strong communication and preference for working in teams.
- Basic experience, understanding, and intuition for the electrochemical physics of lithium-ion cells.
- Experience in specifying or executing tests on cells in a laboratory environment.
- Understanding of diagnostic techniques for cells and battery pack components.
|Position name||Senior CAE Engineer – Battery Modelling|
|Department||Test & Simulation|
|Reports to||Engineering Manager|