Xerotech is a battery technology company that is solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation, industrial electrification. Our talented team is making an impact on a global scale, driven by a shared vision of a fully electric future. We thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and innovative culture where no two days are the same. We take on big challenges and we appreciate every opportunity to learn along the way. When you join Xerotech, you join a team with a thirst for innovation and a hunger for the fun that comes from turning an industry on its head.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer to work as part of the engineering project team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right skillset.
- As the process development engineer for polymers you will develop state of the art polymer processes.
- You will be the SME for all polymer processes and as such will need to have a high level of knowledge and experience on processes such as polymer film processing (ideally blown film), polymer welding (heat seal/ultrasonic/laser welding) & bonding. You will be able to conduct studies/trials/DOEs on these processes to optimise the reliability and robustness of the product and process.
- Act as the owner to drive equipment-related process improvements/developments including detailed troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Understand the KPIs that are needed to be monitored as driven by a DFSS approach to commercialising products.
- Provide hands-on support with Maintenance teams to troubleshoot and resolve extended downtime situations.
- Continuously improve the manufacturing equipment to ensure that throughput targets are achieved on a regular basis.
- Optimise/Development the equipment by driving upgrades to the system to decrease cycle-time, increase yield, and availability.
- Work with teams on commissioning and ramp of new equipment to learn the system and pinpoint any potential engineering design oversight.
- Oversee manual processes – their documentation and control
- Assesses compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
- Writing User Requirement Specifications (URS)
- Responsible for process validation & control plan implementation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in process engineering in manual and automated production lines. Specifically, those involving extrusion, blown film and various forms of welding of polymers.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering. The equivalent in experience is also acceptable with evidence of exceptional ability.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with structured problem-solving methodology.
- Experience in automotive or high-volume manufacturing is highly desired.
- Proven record of introducing new process technology & implementing process improvement, lean/six sigma techniques
- Excellent analytical and computational skills
- Familiar with PLC programming, troubleshooting, and configuration.
- Familiarity with applicable health and safety regulations related to machines/equipment.
- Knowledge of Polymer materials and polymer processing techniques highly desired
- Able to work under time pressure from multiple projects.
- Motivated / Enthusiastic
- Ability to persuade others to change existing practices
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to identify, assess and solve problems
WHAT WE BELIEVE
People first, always
At Xerotech we value all cultures and backgrounds and truly believe that diversity drives innovation. We are growing fast, that means you will grow fast and one day you can say you were there at the beginning.
QUALITY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE
Whether developing new products or writing copy, we expect thoroughness, high standards, and the interminable curiosity to challenge the status quo, taking impactful risks along the way. See an innovative way to do something? Do it.