Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a Power Electronics Engineer to help design and build our next-generation of DC-DC converters and bi-directional onboard chargers (OBCs).
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO
- Design power electronics components for our powertrain systems, including power distribution (bus bars, relays, contactors), high voltage cable assemblies, integrated and stand-alone DC-DC converters.
- Work closely with senior engineers on technology development strategy supporting current and future benchmarks for weight, package, performance, efficiency, and cost.
- Perform worst-case circuit simulations to predict efficiency and thermal performance limits, support end-of-line testing, and to estimate quality and reliability metrics.
- Support design-, specification- and architecture-reviews to demonstrate and drive the application of robust technical solutions.
- Support laboratory tests planning for power electronics components, including EMI/EMC performance of EV powertrain components and power distribution systems.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define, document, and prove out component manufacturing strategy, including inline and end-of-line testing solutions.
- Define and document system and component requirements, function definition, block diagrams, DFMEA, DVP/R, and other technical specifications, as required.
- Support issue tracking process (JIRA) and provide expert feedback on resolution status.
- Leverage H-D’s extensive product development assets including team members in Milwaukee, test labs, proving grounds and expert product development capabilities to deliver best-in-class performance, usability and quality.
- Contribute to overall conformance to well-adopted international standards including ISO26262-Rev2, as well as global regulatory requirements.
- Highly ambitious electronics enthusiast looking to grow significantly with the company and the role.
- Passion for fast-paced, high growth, high-tech environment.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Self-starter and quick thinker who thrives in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations.
- Proven track record of taking the initiative to suggest and implement new ideas.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to relentlessly prioritize.
- Proven technical, quantitative and critical-thinking skills, high level of independent judgment, initiative and creativity to identify and clearly communicate key performance drivers to senior management.
- Strong foundation in knowledge of power electronics products for EV powertrain: AC/DC converters, Battery Chargers, Inverters, EMI filters, and high voltage power distribution. Hands-on experience in power electronics hardware development: design, debugging and validation.
- Experience in power semiconductor circuit design for AC-to-DC and DC-to-AC converters.
- Working knowledge of power transistor gate drive circuits.
- Demonstrated understanding of power semiconductor switching waveforms, loss modelling and thermal management.
- Experience with power levels from 500W to 50kW+.
- General understanding of EMI/EMC design best practices.
- Application knowledge or experience with wide bandgap semiconductors, including GaN and SiC.
- Power Electronics laboratory experience. Knowledge of data acquisition tools – LabView / Veristand, CANalyzer, Neo VI, etc.
- Understanding of development requirements for OEM production programs (DVPR).
|Position name||Power Electronics Engineer|
|Reports to||Senior Power Electronics Engineer|