Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a highly experienced PCB CAD Design Engineer to layout and design electronic hardware for our next-generation battery systems.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO
- Collaborate with the Hardware Engineering team to complete Schematic and PCB board designs layouts range from simple to complex, multi-layer printed circuit boards containing analog, digital, RF, and power components.
- Liaise with PCB vendors to select proper materials, stack-ups, obtain impedance specifications, DFX rulesets, assembly requirements, and resolve any manufacturing related issues.
- Create and manage PCB documentation including fabrication and assembly packages.
- Work with document control department to release fab and assembly packages into the company-wide PLM system.
- Create and maintain Schematic symbols and PCB footprints among multiple libraries.
- Work closely with Product ECAD librarian on maintaining and expanding company-wide library.
- Collaborate in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- 7+ years of experience of PCB layout design using Altium or Cadence/Allegro.
- Ability to determine work priorities based on broad direction from management.
- Requires limited tactical guidance and helps determine own strategic priorities.
- Proficient in high-density/high-speed design.
- Proficient with signal integrity design techniques.
- Proficient with mix-signal high power design.
- Experience with low noise design and minimization of EMI/EMC.
- Experience with RF and split analog/digital designs.
- Designed for thermal reduction and high-vibration environments
- Demonstrated understanding of design for manufacturability, design for assembly, and design for testability.
- Experience with ECAD libraries and library configuration management.
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- Software scripting experience for use in Altium Designer.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with others.
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding start-up atmosphere.
|Position name||PCB CAD Design Engineer|
|Department||R&D – BMS|
|Reports to||Engineering Manager|