Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to help design and build our next-generation of battery systems, thermal systems and power electronics. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of wire harnesses and liquid plumbing connections between and within major sub-systems.
In this role, you’ll get to
- Make design decisions, and provide leadership in resolving electrical/physical integration and optimization issues with other internal Xerotech parties daily.
- Design to significantly reduce mass and volume/space and to optimize wire bundle routing in the battery, minimize NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness), prevent the possibility of moisture ingress/damage.
- Work with Suppliers for Design-for-Manufacturability to reduce assembly complexity, cost and lead-time reduction.
- Design components for ease and efficiency of manufacture, as well as ease and efficiency of installation in vehicles. Work with manufacturing and assembly process engineers for successful implementation.
- Work with SIE (Supplier Industrial Engineer) to set up and review production lines at suppliers, including any associated mechanical components.
- Support RC (Release Candidate – pre-production) with quick-turn parts and make sure installation works properly as design-intended incl. supporting with a subassembly fixture design prior to the full vehicle being available.
- Highlight design concerns (such as high insertion force on connectors, grommet installation and sealing issues) or reliability concerns on detailed design features and drive the solution progress to remove these concerns through weekly tests, follow-ups, upper management deep-dive reviews and cross-functional team reviews.
- Closely work with Reliability team to ensure proper testing on finished designs (vibe, corrosion, torque-to-failure, EMI/shielding, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience mechanical engineering.
- Expert Solidworks 3D modelling with specific knowledge of piping/routing tools.
- Mechanical Engineering: thermal, heat dissipation, vibration, strength, durability, corrosion-prevention, materials, etc.
- Design-for-Manufacturability, including Automation.
- Quick-turn prototyping using a variety of techniques.
- Specifying and directing Environmental Lab testing, CAE analysis, etc.
Mechanical Engineer – Harnesses/Liquid Piping
Lead Thermal Systems Engineer