Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a Lead Design Engineer to help design and build our next-generation of thermal control systems for high power electronics and battery systems. You will be in charge of the design and development of advanced heat-pump and fluid control systems.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO
- Mechanical design and packaging of HVAC components to meet system requirements while optimizing for efficiency, cost, weight, manufacturability and serviceability.
- Heat transfer hand calculations, including transient conduction and natural convection.
- Support for prototyping activities, including the design of test rigs.
- Mass and energy balances of process systems.
- Hydraulic analyses of piping systems and pump sizing.
- Manage suppliers and projects to ensure timely program deliverables within budget.
- Develop component and system-level requirements based on system-level requirements and customer experience.
- Lead creation of component specifications, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents.
- Develop and execute component and subsystem design verification plans and test methods to validate produce adherence to requirements.
- Ensure systems conform to all motor vehicle safety standards governing HVAC operation.
- Support battery programs through the entire life cycle including; spec development, prototype builds, vehicle test, and production.
- 10+ years of mechanical engineering experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with thermal systems in an automotive (or equivalent) environment.
- Willingness to be involved in the design and implementation of a wide variety of systems.
- Experience in performing calculations.
- Knowledge of equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, valves and control equipment is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of automotive HVAC systems, including compressors, HVAC units, fluid transfer components, and vehicle performance testing.
- Working knowledge of psychometrics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics and thermal management.
|Position name||Lead Design Engineer – Thermal Systems|