Xerotech is a battery technology company that designs, engineers and produces lithium ion battery packs for non-road mobile machinery.
Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry. The world is moving towards an electric future, and there has never been a more exciting time to get involved with Xerotech!
- Coordinate & direct multifunctional engineering teams and projects.
- Be responsible for creation of internal systems & processes.
- Deliver upon a vision for world-class, high performing product and business development.
- Inspire a pioneering culture with high engineering standards.
- Be the driving force behind agile-like processes for dynamic engineering teams and introduce best-in-class procedures & practices.
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
- Lead a culture of innovation within the function by developing and implementing engineering forums and reviews for the engineering team.
- Build culture and team, enable and develop engineers and managers in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Mentor, grow, and lead the engineering team. Help them achieve their best work and prioritize the wellbeing and professional growth of every team member.
- Drive technology and data innovation to enable breakthrough customer features.
- Lead by example by being hands on and help the team as needed.
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget along with team leads.
- Interviewing, hiring and scaling a world-class engineering organisation.
- Establish a consistent approach to measuring and rolling out engineering standards across the group.
- Identify and address communication gaps to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Clearly communicate intent including technology roadmaps to support multiple product platforms.
- Drive high levels of employee engagement through a highly effective support structure developed and implemented for all engineers.
- Develop a support network of key divisional/corporate leaders, academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product manufacturing and quality. Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise and across business units.
- Strong credentials and technical vision that will earn the excitement of investors and prospective team members to want to follow you to build an incredible company.
- Experience building, scaling, and managing engineering teams, specifically in rapid growth environments.
- A deep knowledge of architectural and application design
- Deep product development experience, working cross-functionally to define, build, tune, and bring to market applications and services.
- Strong business acumen/analytical ability with a high aptitude for understanding & developing systems.
- Experience as an engineering leader on high-quality technology products, including the collaboration necessary with sales, product management, customer success, and executive leadership.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Assertive decision maker & team/people manager
- Ability to inspire confidence.
- Strong capability to network and influence at all organisation levels. Ability to build networks externally and leverage appropriately.
- Established network within relevant industry with potential customers & suppliers
- Both a logical and strategic thinker with the ability to identify and seize opportunities to advance the company goals
- Proven adaptability, open mind, and a results-focused approach to your work.