Xerotech is a battery technology company that is solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation, industrial electrification. Our talented team is making an impact on a global scale, driven by a shared vision of a fully electric future. We thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and innovative culture where no two days are the same. We take on big challenges and we appreciate every opportunity to learn along the way. When you join Xerotech, you join a team with a thirst for innovation and a hunger for the fun that comes from turning an industry on its head.
Xerotech Ltd are seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&s) specialist to join our fast-growing team and lead our Quality department. Xerotech design and manufacture next-generation battery systems for automotive, industrial, marine, aerospace and defence applications. Xerotech is an exciting, fast-paced, growing company which is in Galway, Ireland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right skillset.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others, have strong knowledge of safety programs and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Developing, implementing, and executing H&S objectives, systems & improvement plans.
- Perform risk assessments and eliminate / reduce health & safety risks and identify workable solutions.
- Rollout of new processes and procedures.
- Drive to engage others and have excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Identify site H&S training needs and deliver training sessions for employees and management as required.
- Safety related reporting and investigation of incidents, near misses and observations to prevent recurrence / reduce the number of incidents.
- Coordinating and carrying out safety and security audits; investigate non-conformities and ensure completeness and timeliness of investigations.
- Lead the investigation of H&S incidents/accidents onsite.
- Managing aspects of the induction process for new starters across the site.
- Liaising with relevant authorities and bodies such as the HSA etc as necessary.
- Ensuring all employees, contractors, third parties and visitors are compliant with H&S requirements of the site.
- Conducting internal audits and ensuring the site is always audit ready.
- Ensure that all necessary procedures, PPE, signage, and training are complete and available.
- Serve as a leader in demonstrating and implementing a strong EHS culture across the site.
- You have recently been working in a similar position for at least 5 years.
- Relevant third level qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of H&S legislation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to influence and motivate peers, management, and external vendors.
- Be able to build relationships & work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Be innovative, by creating new & better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Self-starter with ability to complete work independently as well as successfully lead others if needed.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
People first, always
At Xerotech we value all cultures and backgrounds and truly believe that diversity drives innovation. We are growing fast, that means you will grow fast and one day you can say you were there at the beginning.
QUALITY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE
Whether developing new products or writing copy, we expect thoroughness, high standards, and the interminable curiosity to challenge the status quo, taking impactful risks along the way. See an innovative way to do something? Do it.