Xerotech is a battery technology company that is solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation, industrial electrification. Our talented team is making an impact on a global scale, driven by a shared vision of a fully electric future. We thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and innovative culture where no two days are the same. We take on big challenges and we appreciate every opportunity to learn along the way. When you join Xerotech, you join a team with a thirst for innovation and a hunger for the fun that comes from turning an industry on its head.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right skillset.
We are looking for a highly experienced Embedded Software Engineer to design and architect battery control algorithms and control systems for our next-generation battery systems.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Use best-practices, experience, and talents to create battery models for production ECU.
- Assess input & output constraints to develop firmware model and compile into executable code.
- Utilize a variety of debugging tools to aid and speed your development; writing scripts, & executables.
- Use your battery knowledge to contribute to the ESS cell research team.
- Apply ISO-26262 safety standards in the creation, unit testing, & review of your code/models.
- Design other important software components of the BMS, involving diagnostics, fault detection, and more.
- Coordinate & work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Collaborate with software engineers to integrate application-layer software into RTOS.
- Collaborate with validation engineers to test your models & firmware functionality.
- Share progress & participate in code reviews with algorithm & control systems designers.
- Work with other firmware engineers on the evolution of Xerotech’s platform, contributing to projects such as: on-line battery mathematical parameter estimation & off-line battery physics-modelling.
- Devise new concepts for BMS over-the-air (OTA) data transfer methods, etc.
- Grow and mature as the development and production process evolves.
- Transition between C-programming and Model-Based Design (Matlab/Simulink).
- Understand corner-cases, unit-testing, and battery performance limitations.
- Apply lessons learned to future designs and firmware implementations.
- Contribute to ESS vehicle and laboratory data-mining efforts.
- Show a willingness to take on dynamic projects; from low-level firmware manipulation, all the way up to high-level Li-Ion Cell & CAN data processing, filtering, and analysis.
- 5+ years of work experience in the battery and automotive industries.
- Experience with programming and embedded systems.
- Well-versed with software development & C programming.
- Previous programming experience on Battery Management Systems, or automotive ECUs.
- Previous experience in automotive product development or extreme safety environments.
- Experience with model-based design; creating control systems & models with Matlab/Simulink.
- AUTOSAR knowledge and experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principals & common sense.
- Strong communication, multitasking, & interpersonal skills, both in presentation & technical writing.
- Versed in production development & testing timelines.
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.) and issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.).
- Previous experience with product launches and working to a schedule.
- Ability and desire to share/communicate subject matter expertise and knowledge effectively with other employees, contractors and external customers.
- Ability to write technical documents, draft patents and articles.
What We Believe:
People first, always
At Xerotech we value all cultures and backgrounds and truly believe that diversity drives innovation. We are growing fast, that means you will grow fast and one day you can say you were there at the beginning.
Quality is non negotiable
Whether developing new products or writing copy, we expect thoroughness, high standards, and the interminable curiosity to challenge the status quo, taking impactful risks along the way. See an innovative way to do something? Do it.