Working at Xerotech means having a shared vision of an electric future. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the industry.
We are looking for a Controls Engineer to help design and build our next generation of battery systems, thermal systems and power electronics. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of control systems & algorithms for battery thermal control systems.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL GET TO
- Provide technical leadership in the development and deployment of control systems within the group.
- Ensuring technical excellence in the design and implementation of control systems in various programs.
- Facilitating and participating in technical reviews.
- Actively seeking to evaluate and deploy new control and modelling techniques and technologies such as estimation, predictive control, optimization, machine learning, and other data-driven methods to improve control design and better development processes.
- Providing technical mentorship to peers.
- Provide analysis of dynamic systems and control performance including controllability, robustness, stability, and optimization.
- Provide recommendation to equipment design based on control objectives and system performance.
- Develop real-time simulation models using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow in support of real-time testing of integrated controllers using Model-in-the-Loop/Software-in-the-Loop/Hardware-in-the-Loop verification methods.
- Develop advanced controllers including MPC/NMPC, adaptive control, and robust controllers for MIMO systems.
- Develop event-based control.
- Integration and analysis of dynamic plant models from multiple HVAC domains to enable controls and software verification.
- Work with System Engineers to develop system requirements.
- Work with V&V engineers to develop and deploy test plans.
- Proficient knowledge of controls engineering foundations, including feedback control, linear/nonlinear control, multivariable control, system identification, and optimization.
- Knowledge of control system diagnostics algorithms and their design process.
- Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow as a control system design tool.
- Familiarity with Matlab auto code generation.
- Knowledge of dynamic system simulation of controls and equipment using physics-based or data-driven models.
- Knowledge of acausal modelling languages such as Modelica a plus.
- Experience with product lifecycle management tools (version control, testing/quality management).
- Ability to author specifications, test plans, and document designs.
- Knowledge of HW/SW embedded control system architectures (preferred skill).
- Knowledge of C/C++/Python (preferred qualification).
- Understanding of thermodynamics (preferred qualification).
|Position name||Electrical Controls Engineer – Thermal Systems|
|Reports to||Lead Thermal Systems Engineer|