Xerotech is a battery technology company that is solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation, industrial electrification. Our talented team is making an impact on a global scale, driven by a shared vision of a fully electric future. We thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and innovative culture where no two days are the same. We take on big challenges and we appreciate every opportunity to learn along the way. When you join Xerotech, you join a team with a thirst for innovation and a hunger for the fun that comes from turning an industry on its head.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right skillset.
We are currently seeking a Battery Cell Development Engineer with practical experience in EV batteries and passion to advance battery cell technology. This position requires strong scientific background in electrochemistry, cell materials, or cell mechanical structure. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields and possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in batteries
- Lead and support co-development of lithium-ion cell technology
- Work internally and with external cell suppliers to advance battery cell chemistry, materials, and cell structure for superior battery performance
- Innovate and drive lithium-ion battery materials development and characterization including cathode, anode, separator, and electrolyte
- Conduct applied research in the field of lithium-ion batteries with a focus on estimating cycle life/aging mechanism & modelling
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of different lithium-ion batteries and communicate across diverse internal teams
- Investigate and report the trends of energy storages devices and batteries in particular
- Contribute to shaping the battery cell strategy for Xerotech Motors
- Work with a multi-disciplinary battery team and play a direct leading role in designing and running experiments as well as interpreting data
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamentals of batteries
- Excellent problem solving and experimental design approach, driven by curiosity and attention to detail
- Experience in battery cell development – product development in a relevant field is a plus
- Experience working with external parties to drive battery material development, cell design optimization, and cell manufacturing processes
- Comfortable with ambiguity – can quickly determine high-value work in a rapidly evolving environment and execute plans to push progress forward
- A strong desire to drive adoption of next generation technology and create the very best product
- Experience innovating on new and existing technologies by choosing appropriate tools and testing, analyzing and interpreting data, and using sound scientific judgement
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments – experience communicating with external parties and building strong new relationships is a plus
- At least a B.S. in engineering or science and at least 5 years of industry experience (fewer for candidates with advanced degrees)
What We Believe:
People first, always
At Xerotech we value all cultures and backgrounds and truly believe that diversity drives innovation. We are growing fast, that means you will grow fast and one day you can say you were there at the beginning.
Quality is non negotiable
Whether developing new products or writing copy, we expect thoroughness, high standards, and the interminable curiosity to challenge the status quo, taking impactful risks along the way. See an innovative way to do something? Do it.