- Route high voltage (HV) harnesses (Positive/Negative) side-by-side, avoiding large loops.
- Use shielded HV cables, with HV harness shields bonded to vehicle chassis.
- Route low voltage (LV) harnesses away from HV harnesses.
- Position loads (e.g., Power Distribution Unit (PDU)/inverters/motor etc.) away from battery pack battery disconnect unit (BDU).
- Allow provision to add external DC link capacitance pre-charge at the load input if Hibernium® battery pre-charge is not sufficient.
- Ensure HV harness assemblies are constructed identically (equal length, cable type, resistance, connectors) to maintain system balance loading and avoid current hotspots.
- Ensure HV connector polarity is correct for parallel configuration (i.e., positive to positive and negative to negative).
Should one pack be more than 5V out of balance with another, the unbalanced pack should firstly be isolated from the multipack configuration. The unbalanced pack shall be charged/discharged until the pack open circuit voltage (OCV) is within 5 V of the other pack(s) in the parallel system.
Only balanced packs (i.e. packs with OCV within 5 V of other packs) should be switched into a parallel configuration.